Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am scouting around for a Ruger 22/45 (contact me if any of you are interested in giving one up) to add to my collection.

I will hold off a while to let it break in, but I have heard the trigger is rather mushy, and worthy of attention.

I wondered what the opinions were on the Volquartsen accurizing kit. Did it work as advertised? Give a nice, crisp pull? Was it hard to install?

(For others, it is an action kit which includes a new trigger, sear, hammer, and assorted springs for a tad over eighty dollars.)

· Registered
562 Posts
Hello telackey! I have not used the Volquartsen sear & hammer as have not called to double check is it is the same for the Ruger Standard Auto vs the Mark II and 22/45.

I did replace a clark trigger with the Marvel trigger (adjustable for pre & post travel, fore & aft trigger position, plus it will rotate 360 for best feel). http://www.marvelprod.com A little adjustment makes a big difference and it took awhile to get it set right (adjustments are hidden inside the fram). Plus doesn't make dissassembly easy.

The Ruger .22 pistol trigger pin has a C-clip on the left side between the trigger and fram that holds it in place! I hope this helps! Work carefully! Mike

· Registered
23 Posts
I had a Volquartsen sear and Clark trigger installed in my Mk II

by:

http://www.ontargetguns.com/

I am satisfied with the work. I really like the Ruger now. I also installed Volquartsen grips...I did that my self. I recomend giving Bill at OnTarget a call.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VonFatman on 2001-07-17 18:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VonFatman on 2001-07-17 18:23 ]</font>

· Registered
552 Posts
Info is dated by over a year but Marvel said their trigger will not fit/work in the 22/45 w/o modification. He wanted $35 return Overnight + trigger & modification costs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.