Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Walther P22 (poly frame w/chrome slide) about 10 days ago and just got time to put a few rounds thru it today. I tried Winchester HV solids and Remington HV HP ammo. Both worked perfectly except for one rounds failure to completly chamber. The sight elevation is "right on" but the windage required a few turns to bring the shots right a few inches. It now will shoot a reasonable group for such a short barrel (3.4") pistol. I had a little problem with my trigger finger tip hitting the paddle slide release, but once I figured out the problem and adjusted my hold, there were no more dropped mags. The trigger is still a little stiff, but should lighten up after a few hundred rounds and careful lubricating. Considering the price ($269 plus tax) I think it will be a handy little plinker. Plus, the recoil spring is light enough that my wife can operate the slide if necessary. I'll have to give it a "two thumbs up" rating!

ColtFan2

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought my wife a P22 for the same reason!
She has problems cycling the slide of the bigger toys and this works great for her.

We bought the pistol NIB and it sometimes jammed during the first 500 rounds, but now it works almost flawless (I think 1 jam/50 rounds is acceptable, because .22 sometimes isn't perfect either).

BTW, I found out that cleaning the feedramp after each shooting session makes it far more reliable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts