Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried the surefire nitrolon weapon light on their pistol? i would like to have one for my beretta but i don't know of anyone with first hand experience with this system. any information will be appreciated.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'd say their use is somewhat limited for individuals in that whatever you light up, you'll also be pointing your gun at. It would be nice to have a single unit that could be used one-handed but I prefer a seperate light unit. I do own one for a Grock but I don't use it for the above reason.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was kinda looking for mechanical and technical info, i wasn't actually looking for opinions on the use of weapon mounted lights. i have had that conversation more times than i can remember. and for the record, you don't have to point a gun at someone to light them for identification. these lights are so powerful, you can point the light at the floor (low ready),and it will light up the entire room well enough to identify. i have an M3 for my glock, i am wanting to know if the nitrolon is as good, better, brighter, etc. if they pan out, i want one for my beretta and my 1911. thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Blinder,

I'm not as up it seems as you are on the latest in pistols. Who is making this new "Grock"? Is it a revolver or semi-auto... :smile:

G

·
I have a Nitrolon on my Glock 31, I also have an M3 on my glock 35 and I do like the M3 more. The Ntitrolon does not have the battery length that the M3 has, I think it may be due to the smaller side by side batteries used. I do believe the Nitrolon is an improvement for Surefire as it clips on and off of the Surefire rail making it QD.
As to lights on guns, I learned CQB in the 80's and every student had a Maglite taped onto their weapons, I even went as far as taping one onto my Marine issue Uzi Carbine with 100mph.

FYI: Jerrys 2001 Spring Law Enforcement catalog has the Nitrolon listed for $162.50.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-05-17 22:15 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts