Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting back into shooting for the first time in ~20 years. In the late 70's I bought a set of weighted grips for my 45ACP. It consisted of 4 separate pieces--two tungsten slabs, and 2 shaved wooden grips. They weighed ~13 oz. I think. The tungsten slabs were actually two slabs to a side, each side having one smaller metal slab mated to the larger slab (which was cut at the same length x width of an OEM wood grip). The smaller slabbed side fit into the opening in the 1911 frame that are normally covered by the OEM grips. The shaved wooden grips were screwed in on top of the tungsten slabs. Does anyone know what I'm referring to and where I can buy them or who makes them? Thanks, fish.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gofish on 2001-07-30 16:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
709 Posts
Jack Breskovitch made what you are describing as weighted grip panels, however they were made of steel, not tungsten. They still add plenty of weight. I shot a bunch in those days and kept up with all the trick doodads - I don't believe anyone made these out of tungsten, only steel.

I have a complete set with shaved wooden stocks and also with shaved plastic Hogue grip panels with palm swell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tonerguy,

You're right on the mark. Jack Breskovitch--a memory from the past. I didn't realize they were steel; for some reason, tungsten buzzed around in my head.

Pressing now--do you know what became of Mr. Breskovitch, and if the grips can still be purchased anywhere?

Thanks much. fish.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think a post about a weighted grip was on the Florida Bullseye site but have to be member to gain access. :smile: Just got a Christmas Catalog No. 54 from Brownell's and didn't see any weighted grips in there. Mike
This might help, as the URL below has steel and anodized aluminum spacers! http://www.cm-machine.com/category.html?UCIDs=6007

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randall_1611 on 2001-07-30 23:09 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.