Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Pistolsmith Community.

Last week, the Pistolsmith forum ownership changed hands.

Dane and I have been in lengthy communication up to this point, and I’ve been working very hard moving the forum to a new server, and making several major upgrades to the software.

I want everyone to know that I will never charge any kind of subscription to use the Pistolsmith community. Every function and feature and use of the site will always be free to the community. I cannot stress that enough. I’ve seen communities change hands and then the new owners start charging the users, and that will not happen here, so I’d like to squash that thought before it ever comes up.

The majority of the site’s structure has remained the same. I did consolidate a few of the forums, all in hopes of making everything better organized.

The biggest change has already happened, and that’s the new upgraded forum software. The old website was running on archaic forum software, and I’ve upgraded everything to a much better system, which provides more functions and features, and easier to use.

My personal focus is going to be improving and growing the community. I do not work in the gun industry, and I have no ties to the gun industry. I’m just an enthusiast, and I like guns.

If anyone has any questions for me, please post up and I'll answer them as I read them.

Now, I'm going to go post up my introduction thread.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thanks Lash. Had a password problem, but that seems resolved. Never say never about charging a fee. Advertising may not pay enough.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Glad to see some of the old forums back.
The site seemed to be doing okay up until a few years ago many of the forums were deleted for reasons I never really understood.

Hopefully, once word gets out that things are improved, traffic will pick back up.

Good luck, and hope everything goes well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts