Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know about Les Baer and Wilson and a few others and am not fully satisfied that I would be getting my monies worth by purchasing TWO of their custom weapons. They DO NOT even give discounts for multiple purchases.

What I am looking for is TWO (immediate purchase with 12 Wilson Mags) of the below mentioned weapons (or very similar), or one of these and an customized Officer's Model:

Caspian or similar High Quality Frame (not cast)
Match Barrel
Lap Factory Fitted Oversize Slide To Frame Fit
Tritium Bo-Mar Adjustable Sights
Dovetailed & Pinned Front Sight
Lower & Flair Ejection Port
Extended Ejector
Match Grade Extractor (includes recutting, adjusting & polishing)
Full Length Recoil Spring Guide Rod High Sweep Beavertail Grip Safety
Ambidextrous Thumb Safety (tactical)
Ultramatch Trigger Job
Super-Well
Checker Front Strap, 30 Lines Per Inch
Contour & Checker Mainspring Housing, 30 Lines Per Inch
Steel Mainspring Housing, Colt (replaces factory supplied plastic one)
Serrate Rear Of Slide
French Border Slide
Mill Flat & Serrate Top Of Slide
Blue Slide/Hard Chrome Frame

Anyone know who can supply something like this. My Smith can make one for me in 6 weeks for $2200.00, but I do not wish to wait.

G

·
Doc1911,
In all seriousness, a pistol from Baer, Brown, or Wilson will exceed the quality of all but a group of smiths.

Considering that this group is currently numbering less than 50, you will need to wait as the top of the list has a backlog measured in 1/2 decades.

The pistols you have mentioned will by far exceed anything purchased locally or even nationally that is available in 6wks or less in every test you could put them up against.

This is by no means an "elitist" comment or a slam to the aspiring or small town smith but the top makers have been building these 1911s for decades in most cases and the now "factory" Baer, Wilson, Brown, custom guns come from makers who have "leveled" the competition.

For my money, my advice to you is to purchase a Baer or Wilson now from Terry Peters @ PT PArtners or Allan Yost (both pistolsmith.com memebers) and enjoy it while you wait for one of the "top guys" to build you a true "full house" custom pistol.
I have personally purchased multiple guns from them and you will be very happy as they do have these guns in stock.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-07-11 19:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
15 Posts
Talk to Terry Peters at P-T Partners. He deals in high end 1911's and gives a discount for multiple purchases. $50 off on the 1st one and $150 off on the 2nd.

pt-partners.com

This is his web site which lists guns available for immediate delivery.
I made 2 purchases from him and he is a great guy to deal with. He will take care of you.
Mike

·
Registered
149 Posts
David, I thought your advice was fair and accurate! When I purchased my first .45 we did not have the ability as we now do to get almost instant solutions to problems. We are lucky to have such a forum, fair and balanced as they say on TV.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I decided to go with Ed's Two Tone model that PT-Partners had in stock. It is a beutiful model and I can't find anything else with the accuracy I desire in the time period I would like to have it in:

I believe it will probably get 1" or better at 25 yards and 1 1/2" at 50 and serve my purposes well--- from a ransom rest.

I will probably go for a full custome later after I have experiemented with the new child for a while.

G

·
It is a good plan, in this way you can aclimate yourself to the better pistols and learn what it is you really like and dislike.

FYI:
I would also contact Dane, George, Richard, or Larry to get on their lists now.
As you WILL get the "full house custom" bug and by then you will be close to top of the list.

G

·
Terry is an evil, evil vodoo witch doctor
with serious dark powers.

A replica of my wallet is covered in some chicken blood down there in some deep, darkest Texas cave with it seems a never ending flow of matched up custom guns and Rosen holsters that keep ending up at my house some how.

Today, I am casually walking down the hallway at work I get a sharp pain in my side and recover with images of Wilson pistols in my head.
Sure enough I get home, check my email and Terry has a black/green Wilson that will soon be on it's way to me.

:lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-07-12 20:32 ]</font>

G

·
This is definitely my idea of a nearly perfect 1911, it was built by Dane Burns and the only bad thing is that it is not mine. yet. :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the FFL info was mailed and Terry will call me when he recieves it. He is mailing Pics which I will make available here. I will be mailing the cash this next week, so I may have it in about a week or so. I will post pics of the first target.

Will the Ed Brown hit the Bulls at 25 yards on the first shot?

G

·
Speaking of owning one, that BCP gun style would look really cool in a custom cutdown version?

Their is a ton of work invovled in building a 3" 9x23 with a 7rd mag, wave grip, Colt Officers series 70 small roll mark slide, hoag beavertail, melted Heinies.... :smile:

Sooner or later I think my idea will appeal to you :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-07-14 20:56 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
To return to the real question are the grips real ivory
I only use real ivory. In fact I am quite picky where I get my ivory from so it shows some character and age.

Their is a ton of work invovled in building a 3" 9x23 with a 7rd mag, wave grip, Colt Officers series 70 small roll mark slide, hoag beavertail, melted Heinies.... :smile:
Anything is possible. :grin:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.