Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
552 Posts
Had Teddy Jacobson do the 34 I use for IDPA SSP. Added only a Wolff 4 lb. striker spring. Don't like the mushy feel of the OEM 3.5 connector so use OEM 5 lb. one. No Ti parts. Can keep splits to .10 sec. or a little under which is faster than the Brain can follow. The 21 I use in CDP {for fun} has JP Enterprises Trigger Job on it with no 4 lb. Wolff spring {tried it but too light for own tastes}. Of the two this is the one I pefer for CCW {21 is most often carried Glock for CCW}. It does have a distinct SA feel {given it's a Glock!} that find I really like. Between the two if done over again would probably stick with the JP trigger.

· Registered
552 Posts
Kyle, Have had both a G21 & G20 done by John G. of JP Ent. Also am very pleased with his trigger job to say the least. Not to mention it's only a measly $65 using the std. conn. Mine use the std. 5 lb. OEM conn. Tried using a Wolff 4 lb. striker spring and felt it was to light! {for me}. Want to keep the pistols more like Street/CCW anyway. FWIW, Am using the 4 lb. striker spring in the 34 {w/ 5 lb. conn.} use ONLY for IDPA, etc. The 34 has failed to re-set a couple of times in 3K of reloads & cheap commercial reloads. Have let the 34 go 500-700 rounds before this happend. The 20 & 21 have never so much as bobbled. Really like his "almost a SA" trigger pull. Combined with his over-travel stop it makes for an excellent & predictable trigger in my experience. With the OEM striker spring & 5 lb. conn. feel comfortable using this setup for CCW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pistolero on 2001-05-14 13:56 ]</font>

· Registered
552 Posts
Kyle, No, the 34 doesn't have an overtravel stop but does have the Wolff 4 lb. striker spring. May be from NOT using Fed. primers in the last ca. 2K rounds.......were Rem's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.