Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am currently waiting for my Concealed Carry Permit in the mail, and I am trying to educate myself on a few things about carry guns. So if any of you officers out there, or those of you that pack regularly could tell me which kind of a finish holds up well, or rubs off badly with daily use I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
LionHeart!

·
Registered
191 Posts
What color do you want the gun to be? Hard crome is VERY durable, but it's silver. You won't get a matte black gun with hard crome. NP3 or the like will give you a fairly durable black gun. Even good old packerizing is pretty decent.

Personally I like the idea of hard crome stainless steel.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kavall on 2001-09-28 15:47 ]</font>

·
Registered
20 Posts
NP3 is silver in color and sort of slippery...I have it on a hk usp and although it requires no lube, that slickness can be of concern with stoppage drills. Robar's RoGuard is black, but black finishes just do not hold up. hard chrome is th emost durable.
cheers,
Derek

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hard chrome will most likely last the longest. I don’t mind the "Stainless" color of hard chrome, but some do. They want their carry gun black.

If you want black, try Tripp Research or Walter Birdsong. The have a good Teflon black finish that will last a long time on a carry gun. Good luck to you.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.