Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just depends on the trip to the range or the hills! Tarus PT .22 to a glock ceiner conversion to a few rounds of 416 Rem Mag. You cannot destroy a bowling ball with one, especialy a black manhattan! :grin: No one wants to shoot it either! :roll: Mike

·
Registered
581 Posts
The funnest time I have had at the range plinking recently was with my 375 JRS and 300gn solids. I had 200 rounds to fireform from 375 H&H and a new muzzle break to break in.

Many big rocks were turned into little rocks and many little rocks were turned into dust. A steel gong at 600 yards was also beat up, a little.

Many people had never shot that large of a caliber and were amazed how much the break reduced recoil and increased the noise.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
272 Posts
All right, first for Tom

Jesu* H Chr** Privie Freeman.. What the fuC* Kind of Engilsh teach DID you Have. Most Funnest my *ss!

:smile:

OK.

I like to plink with 22's. Colt Woodsman, Marlin 39, and soon...a Advantage Arms 22 conversion for my Glock.

·
Registered
581 Posts
While painful, it was still fun. And I had some buddies to share the wealth with. I may be dumb, but I am not stupid enough to shoot 200 rounds of 375 by myself in one sitting. 69 grains of Varget at a pull is great fun. Exploding rocks is fun.

Without the brake on that pig, I will shoot maybe 10 rounds at a sitting.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
3 Posts
A Pre ban S&W 2206 6" barrel with a Tasco red-dot on it. Favorite thing to shoot.....hhhhmmmm....golf balls.....can't hit them worth a darn at the golf course...but on the range they're fun

·
Registered
580 Posts
A Garden Variety 22/45 just as it came from the box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 45's and 38 Super 1911 style pistols, but when I think of plinking I think of 22 rimfire. I have 2 S&W 41's (one scoped the other iron sighted) a Ruger MK II that has be rebarreled by Clark Custom and when I want to shoot some serious one hand shooting I get my Pardini SPE. When I want to do some plinking with a 22 rimfire rifle I get one of my 2 Clark Custom 10/22's.

Just my 2 cents on plinking. :grin:

·
Registered
705 Posts
On 2001-09-02 22:22, 38 Super Man wrote:
I have 45's and 38 Super 1911 style pistols, but when I think of plinking I think of 22 rimfire. I have 2 S&W 41's (one scoped the other iron sighted) a Ruger MK II that has be rebarreled by Clark Custom and when I want to shoot some serious one hand shooting I get my Pardini SPE. When I want to do some plinking with a 22 rimfire rifle I get one of my 2 Clark Custom 10/22's.

Just my 2 cents on plinking. :grin:
Probably going to try one of Clark Custom's S&W Model 41 barrels for scope only. Are you using a red dot scope on any of your .22 pistols? If so, what type of accuracy results are you seeing at 10 or 15 yards? Are you seeing any impact shift due to parallax at closer ranges than 25 yards. I've been reading some information about parallax causing problems with the red dot scopes. From my understanding they appear to be setup for around 25 yards and anything else gives you problems with group size.

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I love my Savage/Anschutz Mark 12. I recommend the NRA silhouette targets. They are lots of fun. I also have a Ruger Mark II Target with the 10" barrel, a Rossi 518 revolver. I just ordered a Kadet .22 conversion kit for my CZ 85. I expect that it will be one of my favorites as soon as it arrives.
I also like blasting away with cheap ammo in my SKS. Corrosive? Who cares. For $99 the SKSs are (should I say were) almost disposable.
Cheers,
Derf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.