Pistol Smith Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
My favorite IWB by far is Wilson Combats Covert Companion . It carries my five inch 1911 for as long as I want 16 hours not being out of the question . It comforms to my hip bone and the belt loops are spaced out wide on each side so it stays in place and they lay down nicely not printing . I love it but I know its going to be replaced with a New style that looks like everyone elses IWB .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oddly enough, we've kept Lou too busy making holsters for him to have enough time to finsh his website! He's keeps working and we keep waiting. In the meantime check out R&F Hunting in Upstate New York:
http://www.rfholsters.com

Otherwise, there's a fellow that works the middle part of the country named Allan Yoast. He's based out of Texas but travels to the big gunshows:
Allan Yoast Firearms 3625 Duval rd., #1516, Austin, TX 78759. Phone (512)247-2049, Fax (512) 873-8391

There's also a big, hairy Marine out in Oklahoma with a whole mess of Lou's holsters but I guess you'd have to run into him at a gunshow. He lives near Tulsa where they just happen to have a truly amazing gunshow twice a year.

If you've got questions or worries you can ask Lou directly at [email protected] .

G

·
I know...it's a little sissy boy pistol, but mine is completly reliable with Hydra Shocks and I haven't figured out how to conceal a .45 while wearing a tank top and shorts.
David
Chad, for what it is worth I have found the Rosen ARG DL to conceal very well under my untucked tanktop and polo shirts loaded with a full size 5" Heinie 10mm 1911 tucked into my Royal Robbins cargo shorts.
I also took two left hand dual-1911 mag pouches reversed them, so they ride between the belt and shorts "inside out" and in that way I can carry four spare mags.
With the "Added" belt space I can still clip my StarTac on my belt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: david difabio on 2001-06-24 20:11 ]</font>

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Sparks Watch Six has replaced all other IWB holsters for the 1911. Love that holster! For OWB, I tested a Minuteman holster for a local agency and ended up keeping it. It's not much on looks, but it has proven to be very comfortable, concealable, and durable. A Null City Slicker carries a backup j-frame a good deal of the time. A long time ago I used to carry k-frames "Mexican". A friend decided that a holster was needed, so she took an old Threepersons belt holster and made an IWB from it. I still use that holster when using a k-frame as a woods companion.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.