Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does Springfield use in thier current "Loaded Model"? I looked at one today and, frankly, I was impressed. It was well put together and fairly well finished. One thing that I noticed is that they seem to have the sharp-edge problem licked. Last time I looked at one, it had all kinds of sharp edges. This one was pretty good. Might just have to part company with a certain Glock I am acquainted with....

·
Registered
934 Posts
Don't hold me to this, but I remeber it being discussed that they are using Smith & Alexander's GS.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Think you're right Mute...If not, G&A has one to fit the .220 radius...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can say this from personal experience...I've got a Springfield Loaded (probably about 1999-2000 vintage SN N414XXX) that I just installed a new Wilson 298B G.S. on. It fit the frame ears perfectly however I'm blending it in all the other areas (underside, frame lines, etc)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's a follow up to my post above. While blending in the Wilson GS to the Springfield Loaded, I noticed a gap under the frame ears (tang) that I don't have with the stock GS. So it looks like the Wilson ISN'T a perfect fit afterall for the Springfield Loaded models....that was $38 wasted!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.