Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They list 9.5 as standard, and 10 and 11 pound spring as "extra power." Are the 10 and 11 pound springs the +5% and +10%, respectively that people are always referring to?

Anyone care to let me know which are the "standard" WC 47D mag springs (item number would be helpful), and which are the 5% and 10%?

Also, anyone know if using the Wolff springs (well, as I understand it Wolff supplies springs to Wilson Combat) in my WC mags and gun will cause me warrantee problems? I don't need new followers right now and the WC spring kits are $7.95 per mag including follower. I can get the same springs without the followers in a package of 10 for about $47. The better deal is in the Wolff packages.

TIA

EDIT: Oh yeah, which would you recommend I use in my WC 47D's? Which spring should I get for my WC 10 round Beaurocrat?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JacRyan on 2001-07-28 20:40 ]</font>

G

·
I use the Wolff 10% XP 11lbs springs in my Wilson and McCormick mags including the 10rd models.
Buy the 10 packs and save yourself some time and money.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David! And I'm going to take your advice on the CLP as well! (I didn't know the dunk-it kit was CLP.) My dunk it kit is going to be of the one gallon Tupperware variety!

Thanks again!

PS And I'm really surprised that the same springs work for both the 8 and 10 roun mags....

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It'll be more clear when you see the Wolff packages...There is a section under springs in the Brownells' catalog that shows all the different varieties with the parts #s...

G

·
Jac,
The 10rd springs are a seperate part number, I am sorry if that is not clear in my post.

One thing to remeber as I mentioned in my email is that my guns soak in the solution, usually for at least two days.
I never, ever use solvent/cleaner types of harsh solutions on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.