Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
I shoot a Morini CM84 and a Hammerli SP20. I had a Ruger Slabside, but dumped it several years back. Great pistol, bad company politics.

I am really lucky to be stationed in Colorado Springs where I can shoot at the Olympic Training Center.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tom Freeman on 2001-06-16 18:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
126 Posts
I regret to this day having sold my Hi Standard Military. It was a marvelous training aid to a 1911.

These days I shoot a Sig/Hammerli Trailside target model with an UltraDot optical sight. As I mentioned in a previous thread, the dot sight allows me to forget sight alignment and concentrate on trigger control. Give it a try, you might find it helpful.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's not in the class that that Tom Freeman shoots, but if I can hold the gun still enough, my Smith & Wesson 22A ($190 out the door 3 years ago) will shoot groups that you can cover with a quarter at 50 feet.
Mark Shuell.

G

·
I really like my Benelli MP95e, I set my trigger perfectly and it truly breaks like a "glass rod", it is a fairly heavy pistol for a .22, but I like it just the same.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I am not sure what the Bullseye and running target guys shoot now. The trend seemed to be buy the best gun you can’t really afford and leave the issue one alone. Most of them were Hammerli, Feinwerkbau, Anschutz, High Standard and an occasional Morini.

Us IPSC knuckle-draggers shoot STI and SV for Open and Limited, Steyr and Para for production, and Smith for Revo. I shoot STI.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have had several High Standard target pistols. Going back (way back) there were three differnt HD Militarys and one Supermatic Citation. The ONLY thing that I did not like about the HS design was the bolt hold open latch on the right side. Everything else I could live with. These were all very accurate pistols for what I wanted them for.
I currently use a S&W 41.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still got my ole' High Standard Trophy I shot silhouette with years ago... an older Smith 41, one Buckmark with a dot and another Buckmark with a scope. All shoot great... I haven't found that it really matters what brand it is.. they all shoot great when you find the brand of ammo they like. Luckily most of mine like the cheap Federal 550 rd boxes from walmart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up a S&W 2206 on a auction a few months ago and since put a Tasco red dot on it(also at a online auction)...i"ve got about $325 in it and I have a ton of fun with it...accurate and inexpensive to shoot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.