Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Copper Lube on new Glocks. I know General Motors Makes it, but can we Glock owners get a hold of it ??
It looks like simple anti-sieze compound that you can get at an auto shop ??

·
Registered
580 Posts
You're quite correct, it's just copper antiseeze. Glock seems to always refer to it as "Felpro" {sic}.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You don't have to remove the copper lubricant. It will disappear just through regular use. I believe I have read that Glock recommends that it not be removed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The copper stuff indeed looks like and has the same consistancy as FelPro's anti-seize lubricant. I feel it's best left as is and will disappear once it's done it's intended purpose after subsequent cleanings. I've never targeted it for complete elimination in any of my Glocks.

Rick

·
Registered
19 Posts
NJCOP161,

Felpro was bought out by Loc-Tite several years ago. You can still get the product under Loc-Tite C5A Copper based Anti-seize. Check the Loc-Tite web site or call customer service for a dealer near you. I bought a 4 oz. jar for approx. $7.

From what I have been advised, this anti-seize is not recommended past the initial break in period. A lot of guys have been using the TW25b lube or Mobile1 synthetic.

Can anyone correct me if I am wrong? I have been using it on my G32 and Sig229 after cleanings.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Buck,
Can comment on Glocks use of Fel Pro
from a conversation with one of their fact. armorers in Smyrna. He mentioned it had done the job they intended by the time you have 50-100 rnds. thru a new pistol. Teddy Jacobson is big on copper antiseeze, @ least for Glocks.I don't use it mostly due to it's not coming off of hands easily & NOT coming out of clothing. It certainly does last & stays where you put it though. It's no good if a lighter oil from somewhere else on the gun starts mixing in with it as it "migrates"/runs all over the pistol, etc.
Have been happy with TW25B Grease & Tetra grease on high milage Glocks myself, FWIW.
Thanks for the detailed info on the stuff!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pistolero on 2001-09-19 01:07 ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.