Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The idea of a longslide really interests me, but I'm just a novice at this kinda stuff. When I mention it, I get looks like I'm out of my mind all the way through reading that you can take a quick nap in between cycles (yeah Tom, that was you!). I was thinking the extra legnth would be fun in 10mm.

Let the flames begin! :grin:

Cheers!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nothing wrong with them at all, Not the best for conealed carry, but...you have a little more slide mass to move and with some loads the gun may feel sluggish.

that said you gain a longer sight radius and maybe more velocity from the longer barrel. the six-inch gun is making a slight impact in IPSC shooting right now as several are showing up in 40 cal and Rob Leatham kicked butt at area one championships using a Springfield single stack long slide.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eerw on 2001-10-24 15:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hell I am trying to find out more information about making an 8" barreled longslide! I think it would make an interesting gun in .45 Super, or maybe 9x23. At this point I have gotten one response and that was WHY! LOL.

I think I have come to the conclusion that you are not crazy for wanting a long slide. You are just crazy if you want a long barreled long slide.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you like the long slide concept, it'd be possible to mill various lightening cuts into one to approximate the cycle of a 5" slide gun. It'd probably be easiest to just put holes into it, like a Steel Challenge gun, so maybe the aesthetics aren't for everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.