Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this post in the Orange County Register Aug 2, 2001. I don't know how long the article will be valid but here is the url. http://www.ocregister.com/local.
When stopped the suspect testified at his trial he only intended to scare the officer by firing a .45 at the bulletproof vest protecting the officers chest. The suspect aimed the gun, turned his head away and the gun went off.
If the officer had not ducked the suspect would not have shot him in the face. The suspect described himself as a chemist for a major methamphetamine dealer.
It would seem here is a business man, a chemist at that, being stopped by police and participating in a training exercise.
The humor in the story is this guy is really under oath claiming the charge should be assault and not attempted murder.
The serious unfortunate part about this story is the person shot will suffer a long time.
Read the whole article, you won't believe it!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Your link didn't work. Here's a good one...

http://www.ocregister.com/local/

This is rediculous crap. It's pathetic that the shooter could even find a lawyer that would be willing to try to use that defense.

The shooter tried to kill a cop, and should be punished accordingly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shane Kropf on 2001-08-02 10:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hellooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I HATE THIS STINKING LINE THAT I'VE HEARD IN SO MANY OF THESE TYPES OF CASES!!! I HATE IT!!!

"I aimed at his vest, and the gun went off."

He said, "..and the gun went off." Like the damn gun pulled it's own trigger. That little bastard in Florida who shot his "favorite" teacher used that same stinking BS line too. They try to make the gun sound like the real criminal when it's the bastard on trial, NOT THE GUN!!!! Both these bastards need to have a bullet shot in their heads so they know what their victims felt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.