Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between monsoons I have been trying to get out and get some exercise. My limit of exercise is walking my mutts or climbing. My dogs hate the rain. I mean you have to see it to understand, they REALLY hate the rain. One bites at it, the other refuses to go outside in it. :roll:

Climbing sucks in the rain, trust me on that one.

So I have been delivering pistols. A LOT of pistols. Fun because it always allows me to screw up more guns. I am supposed to shoot them all before they leave the shop. I try to do that and sometimes tweak a thing or two after I shoot and then ship them. Easy to get busted for poor quality control if you aren't REAL careful doing that :grin:

I am using the rain as an excuse here!

So my bud Pete (yeppers same Pete) got lassoed into helping me shoot a bucket (velvet lined of course) of guns. Guns in the white, guns ready to ship, new guns, and some warrenty work on old guns, above all, lots of guns.

This is "da boys" shooting the shi.. out of YOUR guns today guys!! We always wear shades in the rain to make the conditions more realistic :grin:

Lots of bullets, some of the guns!

Forced labor or hired mercenary? :grin:
No matter, he can be what ever he wants...Size 50 Long !! Shoots a BCP because he crushes the frame on lesser single stacks :grin: All you hot chicks out there, chill out, and note that new shiny ring finger!

No worries it was the chemo :wink:

Shay's new blaster in the white. What's left of the hair is white and all mine. Sucking on lemons always helps me concentrate on the shooting if you must know :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-06-29 02:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
628 Posts
Cool :grin: I can almost smell the gunpowder, from all the way here in Denver. Looks like you guys had some fun that day

Nice blasters, as allways, are those MD's Gun Grips? Neat stuff.

You live in Seattle and the dogs don't like the rain? :eek: Must be fun for you!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JLM on 2001-06-29 03:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JLM on 2001-06-29 03:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
103 Posts
Poor Pete. Must have been a lousy job, but somebody had to do it. Afte all, what are friends for??

·
Registered
407 Posts
Shay's new blaster in the white.
Dane,
You made my day! it has been so long, I thought I would be retired by the time I get my full house BCP.
Looks Beautiful! I guess you can say "Killer Looks" :smile:
So tell me more...

Hey Pete! dont scratch my gun with that 18k band :lol:

oh, Dane, as far as talking about Hair.. I had alot more when I put in the order :grin:

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
talking about Hair.. I had alot more when I put in the order :grin:
Dude, you could stand to loose a little HAIR if dumping my roll players like a sack of sh.. with a round house takes some "hair"!

I'll give you a wait...how about a 10 count :grin:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Train in the rain, Dane.
Do not refrain.
It's good for your brain.

In our Paladin activites, we try to adapt to the weather and have learned a few things in the process. Ever shoulder your rifle in a downpour and, as you attempt to sight, it seems that you've developed a cataract...due to a raindrop hanging by surface tension in the rear sight's aperture? A brief pause while presenting the rifle and blowing a puff of air through the rear sight can avoid this.

I've also got some interesting holes in my poncho that resulted from a wind "complicating" a speed rock. I did get the hits.

Besides, training in foul weather just demonstrates "cussedness". A quality we all need to cultivate.

Rosco

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Dane,

The proper rendition of the saying is "If it ain't rainin' then we AIN'T trainin'"!

With all those pretty custom guns, do you have your buddies "draw straws" to see who gets stuck with my Delta Elite that's "only" having all its guts replaced? :grin:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Naah Bruce, Dane sent it to me to learn with when he heard I wanna be a Custom PistolSmith too.

I can`t wait to start!!

I got it all apart too with just the Hammer & Screwdriver and just set up that Bench Grinder I got with all the Auto Tools from Joey when he got retired from the Chop...er Auto Parts business.

Dane says if after I fix it up Custom Like if I can`t get it back together I should drop the parts in the Padded Baggie he sent it too me in and return it, but I figure the Acetylene Torch is the ticket for Custom Gun re-assembly...:razz:

BlackJack
President, GAG Inc. ( Gunz Assembled Good )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackjack on 2001-06-29 17:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
705 Posts
That third photo lends credibility to my pet theory that Dane Burns was a bebop trumpet player in previous life. Gotta give him props though, the cat does have some serious chops! Dizzy Burns, always cool to watch him gettin' mad busy with his axe. :cool:

The photo of Pete is not an optical illusion -- Pete IS a large mammal! :grin:

DD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Desert Dog on 2001-06-29 18:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
253 Posts
On 2001-06-29 14:57, Rosco Benson wrote:
Train in the rain, Dane.
Do not refrain.
It's good for your brain.

Besides, training in foul weather just demonstrates "cussedness". A quality we all need to cultivate. Of course, my wife says there is too much of a good thing.

Rosco
Ain't it the truth. Cussedness is a virtue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dane,

As I drag the digital camera along during much of my shooting fun, I was most interested in the pictures themselves - very nice!

How do you arrange the timing to get the slides at mid-cycle? For me, I usually try and get a sense of rhythm for a string of shots, and can take about 3 pics during the string. If I'm lucky (maybe 1/3 of the time) I can catch the pistol in an interesting mode (e.g., open slide, muzzle flash).

And how did you arrange for the pics from a front quartering angle? Tripod and cable? Trust?

Again, great pics.

Regards,

Mark

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MR Mannex on 2001-06-29 21:25 ]</font>

G

·
You guys have it easy, afraid of a little rain....

When I was a boy my father made me walk 11 miles in the snow to train and he insisted that beavertails and shoes were for sissies...............

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A Defender, a Springfield or two, Kimber Gold Match, A Delta Elite.......anything else you want to know about? That is the next week's work I think :grin:

I have an ambi and a set of Hienies' to redo on some POS parts gun I am building but that is kinda on the back log :roll:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.