Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, gentlemen:
Recently I won an N.I.B., unfired carbon Delta Elite, and am thinking of sending it out for a quality make-over. Considering some sort of custom package, which shall include Novaks. I'd like to get some informed opinions on where to send this thing. I'll not spend the $4-6k recently discussed, but am willing to spend what it realistically takes to get first-rate work. I don't know who does good work on 10mm stuff, so would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dpcdivr on 2001-06-02 21:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Hi there!
I just sent my carbon Delta Elite to Custom Arms Company to have
Pete Carber do a Carry-Comp on it. Check out his website-the
comp views show obvious quality, and Pete is an incredibly nice
guy to deal with. Full house, with me supplying all the parts-
which came to $1200, the bill was $2850 for labor. The money is
well spent, and I took a lot of high dollar options, so you
could have a pretty damn nice gun for about $2000. The wait
for my gun is quoted at 6 months, that's with out of house
checkering by Pete Single, plus hard-chroming and Black-T, so
even the wait isn't bad. Talk to the guy, he's very cool!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have heard that Tim Bacus does work on 10mm guns. Maybe get
ahold of him and see what he says :grin:

You lucky sucker, I want a Delta Elite too :smile:

·
Registered
628 Posts
From what I have seen on various auction sites about 7-900. I don't know if that's what they are WORTH, but that is what they seem to be selling for nowadays. That's NIB by the way......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JLM on 2001-06-01 03:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On 2001-06-01 03:40, JLM wrote:
From what I have seen on various auction sites about 7-900. I don't know if that's what they are WORTH, but that is what they seem to be selling for nowadays. That's NIB by the way..../quote]

I concur. Thanks for the responses, guys. I usually try to do all of my own smithing, but seeing that I've now got two of these, I think I'll see what a real pro can do. Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
You might want to consider Dane Burns. He's working on my Delta Elite now & he's pretty widely known for making really good pistols. There are lots of good gunsmiths out there, just be SURE you know who you are dealing with before you send them your pride & joy.

http://www.burnscustom.com/

From what I've seen, it's about $650 for carbon steel, $750-850 for stainless and $1000+ for Gold Cup DEs in excellent (not NIB) condition.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CastleBravo on 2001-06-01 10:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
988 Posts
dpcdiver:

You have probably never heard of my shop, but that freebie 10 sounds like just the candidate for my "far better than full house" package. As it is an extremely rare package [your gun will be the first], I will need the gun, and about 11 years. Hey, perfection ain't easy! The work itself will be free :grin: :grin:

I have heard nothing but good about Tim's work, and I know Dane's work. I would give them both a ring.

Congrats on the prize,

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On 2001-06-01 11:56, Bruce wrote:
dpcdiver: You have probably never heard of my shop, but that freebie 10 sounds like just the candidate for my "far better than full house" package. As it is an extremely rare package [your gun will be the first], I will need the gun, and about 11 years. Hey, perfection ain't easy! The work itself will be free :grin: :grin:...
Ah yes, another offer from the 'Church of the Covetous Pistolero'. Hey, aren't you that guy on TV with the $6000 Rolex and $2000 hair who's always a beggin' for "donations"? "Give me your shootin irons and I'll getcha through them pearly gates..." :smile:

Yeah, I gotta admit that I really like the example work that Dane keeps bothering us with :wink:, but am a little afraid of encountering his wrath should I bring up the 'Novak' word. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
As far as I know Dane will put anything you want on your gun as long as it is quality, though he definitely favors the Heinie Slant-Pro. Personally I prefer the Novaks on a 1911, but that's more a matter of taste than anything else.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Castle Bravo,

I bet when you get your Delta back from Dane, its gonna rock :grin:
That would be another good person to call :smile:

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm saving mine for Heinie since he seems to be one that really likes the 10mm. I guess I just like the fact that the person to work on my gun actually is a fan of the cartridge. Because there are many who are not.

Since Brian Bilby is no longer with us :smile:

G

·
dcpdivr,
I've been instructed to notify you that there has been a mistake that pistol was actually won by David DiFabio, not me another one I assure you, and I will be glad to assist you in clearing up this mess and ensuring the pistol is sent to Richard Heinies shop immediately.

·
Registered
628 Posts
David :lol:

Tell you what, dpc here can you send YOU that stock Delta, and YOU can send me that 10mm blaster that you posted pics of awhile back? How's that sound? :lol: :lol: :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JLM on 2001-06-06 20:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On 2001-06-06 20:07, David DiFabio wrote:
dcpdivr,
I've been instructed to notify you that there has been a mistake that pistol was actually won by David DiFabio, not me another one I assure you, and I will be glad to assist you in clearing up this mess and ensuring the pistol is sent to Richard Heinies shop immediately.
WHOA, big fella...no more comments about mistakes regarding the award of prizes...not after this week! :wink: I won that thang fair 'n square. Agree that Mr. Heinie would be an excellent choice to do this gun, but seriously doubt he would after my comments earlier this week. Definately my bad on that one. Just a poor attempt to make a point. Tell ya what, you can test the piece when she's done. And, gyp_c2, next time I'm in the Springs, you can wring it out, too. Hey, CastleBravo, great looking DE you have there, as well! Please let us know how it performs when you get it back!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.