Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, replacing my .40 hp that i had to sell a while back. Just picked up a NIB "Practical" model.

Will post some before and after pics, gonna have some real modest work done on it (trigger job, sights etc..)

Any how, now i have something to put with all the accessories i had left over from the last .40 HP>

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its gonna be real simple- Heinie Slant Pros, Tritium front, rel. pkg, trigger job (contimplating CS trigger/hammer), soften all edges on upper & re finish upper, hammer/trigger in matte blue, leave lower un molested so i dont have to re hard chrome. Probably use the Navidrex micarta thin stocks, as they are less expensive than the Spegels and are resistant to my favorite of all gun cleaners- gunscrubber!

Matt.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No les, you bought it buddy... BUT JUST IN TIME! :grin:

I still have a Allessi Talon, and a Ahern holster that is extremely well executed. I dont know why Ahern doesnt get more publicity, the guy makes a fine holster. I dont know of any holster that has more detail molding, it is really nice.

Any how, since im on holsters im also gonna have a gaylord style "speed scabbard" made for it.

This may be blasfemy but i like carrying the bhp in 40, with 11 rounds, as much as my 1911's.... at times i like the 40 more :eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just got my .40 Practical last month. Ain't they nice. Mine shoots like the proverbial wet dream. I'm in heaven.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Matt,

Could you, or someone here briefly explain the difference between the Mark III and the Practical? I'm thinking about getting my first BHP :smile:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hrm, I think I like the looks of the Mark III more than the Practical :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.