Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hard Shell Talon for my P12, and like it.

Just acquired a new SA Champion Parkerized (Model PX9511L), and I'd like to buy a Hard Shell Talon for this gun.

I find the gun selection listing confusing at http://www.rfholsters.com. I've also read that the fit for the SA Champion may not be the same as a Colt Commander.

Can any one tell me what Alessi Hard Shell Talon model number is corect for this pistol?

Thenks!

·
Registered
849 Posts
bad4u, The only difference between the Commander, and the Sp Champion is 1/4" in barrel length. A holster molded to a Commander length pistol will work perfectly, and allow a small amount of leather to 'roll
over' at the muzzle, which for an inside the pant holster aids in comfort. The muzzle won't dig into your body. :grin:
Lou

·
Registered
580 Posts
So long as this thread is about the Hard Shell Talon can you explain what "Hard Shell" is Lou? Thanks.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hard shell came from a description that Massad Ayoob had used in an article some time back. He used the term to explain that the holster will not collapse. Actually there is no diference in the way we make the Talon holsters other than the Talon Plus has the reinforced mouth band, and the standard Talon doesn't. They are both constructed the same way, and molded, and boned in the same mannor.
Lou

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.