Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, about my previous post filing down the slide stop a bit. According to a smith I saw yesterday, it's a 9mm stop, not 45ACP. He said he's seen this mistake before. The 9mm has more metal which can hang up on the ammo. I have a call in now to S-A to see if they can send me a new one.

Now, We got to talking and he does some outstanding work and offered to look at my milspec. I would like to keep it as original as possible, so all I really want is a lighter trigger.
He suggested a long trigger since my finger wraps around it too much.

Can any of you suggest who makes a long trigger so I can go pick one out?

Thanks for your help, -Coop

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have used short Dlask triggers with great good advantage.(I don't use long triggers because I have long fingers and tend to push the gun to the left while pressing a bad habit cured by a short trigger.)The Dlask trigger is not flat or serratted. It comes to a "pointed" ridge along its face. I find they are easy to index rapidly. Calthrop.

·
Registered
205 Posts
On 2001-06-09 06:47, gyp_c2 wrote:
What about Dlask?
I know there are some people who don't care for them... I remember Richard had built a gun, and used a Dlask in it, because it was the only "white" trigger he had laying around, but was going to change it out when time permitted.

Not sure that I remember the reason, but I think it had to do with the sturdiness of the trigger bow.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was going to add that I have used the Videcki's in most everything I have upgraded, and I like them, but I recently tried the Wilson Ultralight, and found it very nice.

The STI Carbon Fiber is on my list of triggers to try out as well... I understand they are very sweet.

Does anyone know who makes the Triggers that Kimber used on some of their Custom Shop models... Not the ones with the holes, but the one most people mistake as being plastic, with the angled support that forms a triangle. I have heard they are really feel very nice. I suspect they're made by CMC.

·
Registered
798 Posts
They sure looked like CMCs. But what were they if not plastic? However, current production CMCs are aluminum, in the same triangle pattern. Pity, my FLG preferred the black mystery material version. He likes them as being the lightest weight trigger available without going to titanium, which he has no use for.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Gyp-C

Looks like an STI short curved trigger.

I actually want to try one of the long ones, similar to this...

From what I remember, the Bow is Titanium, and the shoe is Glass-Filled Nylon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jaydee on 2001-06-12 12:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
530 Posts
Gyp_C

If that is a single stack version, they originally came out in the single stack version from Chip McCormick. STI uses the pad now in the hicap guns. I believe they were touted as carbon fiber and titanium. I have used them with good success. no failures or wear on the titanium that has caused any malfunctions. In fact it is my favorite trigger for my guns right now, but what do I know. the other trigger I like is the Videcki, but my only beef with them is they show there wear from being rubbed. but that is only cosmetic. Have tried the Dlask..It fitted up alright, others have expressed problems with them, but I haven't seen that yet.

Oh did you notice your bow is bent a little.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eerw on 2001-06-12 13:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
205 Posts
STI has that shoe on both the Hi-Cap, and Single Stack versions available.

The single stack versions are found on the Trojan and Ranger series, as well as other single stack models.

Yup, I was thinking it was a Carbon Fiber shoe as well, but they call it 'Glass-Filled' whatever that means :wink:

I was gonna say something about the tweaked bow, but thought that might be camera angle/distortion

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jaydee on 2001-06-12 14:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
...Looks square in person...Maybe not, we'll see. It's a single and it's definately some kind of fibre...No idea about the Ti...just picked it up from someone that wanted somethin' else...It's a dainty lookin' lil' thing! The Dlask was mentioned to me by someone that I asked their opinion on a start to finish project. I'd seen the Heinie post jaydee, but he wasn't real specific so I thought I'd ask...The crowd has changed a bit and you never know who's used what, when and why...I have real small hands and I'm wonderin' why he suggested the Dlask Long for this piece...I haven't been able to reach anyone with regularity...The local 'net has been jammed...Any info is always appreciated...What do these STI triggers go for? I think I gave 15-20 bucks along with some other stuff...been a while...

Thanks...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Gyp-C, the triggers run $25 for the Titanium bow (1911-Single Stack), and $30 for the Stainless (STI Doublestack), from the website.

It's a nice piece, no doubt. I have heard good things about them, and will eventually get around to putting one in to see what all the fuss is about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jaydee on 2001-06-13 02:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Thanks guys...I'll use it in something pretty soon...Either way, I'm sure you'll be among the first to see it...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.