Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellooooooooooo,

Well, I've finally decided to get some top quality mags (Wilson Combat) to go with my top quality Kimber Custom which is used for home defence and the joys of target shooting. Question is, which one should I get? Are any better that the next? I'm just looking for some replacement 7 rd mags but there are three different types of 7 rd mags available on their website, the 47 (.45 ACP 7rd, standard .350" base pad), 47C (.45 ACP 7rd, low profile steel base pad) and 47CB (.45 ACP 7rd, low profile steel base pad, Black). Are any one of these better than that other or are they all basically the same? Also, my 10 round McCormick Star has jammed up far too often for me to think about using. Is the Wilson 10 rd mag reliable as well? I spent the extra money to get a good pistol but in order for it to work, the rounds have to get into the chamber first so I'm asking for your opinions on a good mag. Please help me to make my Kimber an even better weapon than it already is.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Helloooooooooooo,

Well, I ordered 2 standard #47 7 rd clips and a 10 rounder from the Wilson website. I'll let you know how they perform at the range when I recieve them. My old ten rounder failed somewhat regularly and the 7 rd mags that came with the Kimber have only failed a couple times but if my well being and defence is on the line, I don't need one of those "only a couple times" to happen so this is why I'm getting the Wilsons. I'll still keep all my clips and use them at the range but as far as self defence is concerned, the Wilson mags will be loaded and ready. Hopefully, like any insurance, the need won't arrive but you never know.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Helloooooooooooo!!!

I just got my new Wilson Combat mags in the mail today!!! Would've got them yesterday if it weren't for some guy named Columbus, haha!!! I'll let you know how they work in the VERY near future. Like by tomorrow......if I get off work in time to go to the range that is!!!

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hellooooooooooooooooo!!!

FLAWLESS!!! The new mags work perfect. I've fired of 200 rds. and they worked perfectly......................so far!!! Till next time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.