Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched "Seven" again agin I noticed Brad Pitt had what looked like a nich custom 1911. It lokked like a 5" with front cocking serrations and Bo-Mars. Does anyone know what the spec's are on it?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had the exact same question as you a while back. I have the DVD, and on the special features, it shows some freeze frame shots of various scenes from the movie.
I looked closely, and my conclusion is that it is a Springfield Armory loaded...perhaps a Trophy Match.
I don't remember exactly how I came to that conclusion, but I think it had to do with the rollmarkings and the cocking serrations on the pistol looking like a Springfield.

G

·
I am also curious and I would like to know who built the Nash Bridges guns that Don Johnson is using now?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-07-05 20:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
555 Posts
Don't know about Seven. The gun in Nash bridges from the website says Mac's 45 Shop and Jim Zubiena built the carry comp. This is what they spec the gun.
Make: Colt
Model: 1911
Caliber: 38 super
Capacity: 10 + 1
Barrel: 4" Compensated Bar 510
Custom Modifications:
bo-mar sights--low profile rounded, flattened and serrated slide ported,ramped and throated beavertail grip safety with memory grove
ambidextrous extended speed safety
extended slide stop extended--lightened trigger, spring guide, 2 vertical port compensator extended and checked--spring housing skelontonized hammer, beveled and enlarged mag chute, checkered front strap
frame and visible parts are hardstormed
external modifications and cosmetics designed by Jim Zubiena,internal modifications designed by Mac McDonald firearm built by Mac's 45 shop - Seal Beach, CA - 1.800.222.6276

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eerw on 2001-07-05 20:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have wondered this for a long time. If I recall correctly the gun is ported. In the last scenes if I freeze on the gun and zoom in with my DVD player I can see what looks like two ports. The gun also has a FLGR. I don’t think the gun is a Springfield, though, I don’t see the crossed cannons logo on any part of the gun. I'll have to look again.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ok, I pulled out my DVD, and have the movie still pictures playing right now.
In one silhouette picture of Brad Pitt (in the scene where he is chasing the killer), the 1911 clearly shows a squared trigger guard. An interesting thing is that there seems to be a gap right in front of the dust cover (the recoil spring channel doesn't seem to go back inside the front of the dust cover).
In another picture, the same squared trigger guard is shown. The picture is not 100% clear, but it seems to look like the rollmarkings from a Springfield Mil-Spec. Perhaps a base Springfield that is customized? Also, in this picture, the hammer seems to be very different from the previous picture. The same gap in front of the dust cover is prominent in this picture too.
In a few more pictures from the same foot chase scene, it seems that the 1911 doesn't have the squared trigger guard anymore. I could be very wrong, since the angle from these pictures are not that great, but it looks different here.
Maybe several guns are used?
All these pictures are available in the Seven Platinum Series collectors DVD. It includes 2 disks...one for the movie, and one for special features. The movies stills are on the 2nd disk.

G

·
Thanks guys for the "easy" Nash Bridges question, obviously a journalist I am not.

I am still looking for it, but I belive Jan Libourel answered the seven gun question some time back, it may have been in handguns or G&A?
Does anyone have the issue?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.