Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
I believe that at least some of the "Dillon" holsters are made by IHL (International Handgun Leather)in Phoenix. The mag pouches look like they might be from Gordon Davis.

Based on the photos in THE BLUE PRESS, it looks as if the holsters started being more heavily boned a year or so ago.

I haven't used them myself, but they look well designed and Dillon will certainly stand behind them.

Rosco

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hey, lowtech:
Just dove to the bottom of the holster box, and recovered an unused "The Master" model, for a full-size Govt. Stamped IHL on the back. Holster is black leather, single-stitched, modestly boned, and slightly on the thin side, leather thickness wise. Definitely a nice holster...for a CD. :grin: Might not be a bad first holster, for you'll definitely be able to see the difference when you run into a real holster, and will quickly move up. Let's put it this way...Lou ain't got nothin to worry about! HTH.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I shouldn't settle for second best BUT with a young family and a bad habit of switching types of guns I have to make tough calls.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hey lt:
Definitely understand your situation with the family and all. I come from Iowa, where everyone's poor, but too busy working to worry much about it. Don't get me wrong, the stuff Dillon sells will work ok. At least it's not friggin' plastic... :grin: One thing you might consider is getting to the next gun show early, and scoping out used, decent holsters. They're out there, but they go quick. Take care.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love the MASTER I bought from Dillion for my Glock 22, best feeling mass produced Holster next to the Galco Fletch I now use, the only reason I went back to the Fletch is because of the thumbbreak I prefer. If the Master came with a thumbbreak it would be my 1st choice...If you need one for a Glock 22 let me know. like new RH/Blk $40.00 shipped priority mail.:grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts