Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With finger grooves or without? What do you prefer?
What kind of sights?
What kind of holster?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Clay

I carry and use a Glock 20 and 21. The Glock 20 is the new finger groove frame and the 20 is the old style. They both wear Trijicon night sites. I carry them in a Kramer vertical scabbard for CCW and a Fobus paddle for range work. I like the new style frame because it fits my hand better. I am in the process of sending my 21 to Glock to get the frame update.
Hope this helps.

Molon Labe

·
Registered
580 Posts
CCW a 2nd Gen. 21 as have large hands/long fingers and like the fat grip.
Presently using a Novak Ghost rear with their Trit. front for CCW. May switch to Heinie SlantPro's for IDPA use in future.
Favorite IWB for it is Ky-Tac's "Braveheart".
CCW,OTB use Frank Spezzano's Cen-Dex "Talon".
http://www.cen-dex.com
When using the 21 for IDPA use Ky-Tac's "Hooper".
http://hometown.aol.com/kytac

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have both the G21 with finger grooves and the G30. When I carry the 21 is rides in a Bladetech straight drop holster under a Concealed Carry Clothier's vest.

My 21 has a BarSto barrel, Ashley Standard Dot tritium front sight, and MMC Tactical Adjustable rear with the box-bar tritium. It also has a factory 3.5# connector with the NY#1 spring. Finally I put a Wolf stainless guide rode and 19# spring in it. It has digested well over 5000 rounds, most of which were my practice load of a 225g cast bullet. I carry Federal HS for social puposes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
DaveT, how do you like your G21 with the Bar-Sto in it? Also, how is the trigger pull with the 3.5 lb. conn. and NY-1 trigger leaf spring? I'm considering replacing the factory tube in my G21.

·
Registered
97 Posts
KGREEN,
I am very pleased with the BarSto. This one dropped in and has been 100% reliable. That has not always been my experience with BarSto barrels. Some of the others I have have had to be fitted.

I shoot lead alloy reloads for economic reasons and that was the main reason for the BarSto as Glock factory barrels do not like lead bullets, as you no doubt know.

Much is made of the accuracy increase from an aftermarket barrel. My G21 will keep both HydraShoks and my handloads in 2.5" to 3" at 25 yards. Not brilliant performance but certainly adaquate for "short range interpersonal crisis management".

I think the BarSto is worth the price but many are turned off by it. The next best, in my opinion, would be the KKM. A friend has one in his G21 and it dropped in and seems to work fine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have had one of the model 21 pistols for about 10 years. This is one great gun. It now has Heinie strait 8's and a Briley bbl. Had to use this gun about 3 years ago against a cougar (but that is a story in itself). Hope to send it to Mr. Burns in the near future for some frame work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first post on PS.com and it's about my favorite pistol...the G21. :smile:
My g21 is the fg/r model. I recently got a set of adjustable meprolight night sights for it. They are great and well worth the money. For plinking I installed a KKM threaded barrel with a dual port comp that was made by THE Accessories. Both are great. I carry the stock barrel. I've modified the trigger. It has a 3.5 connector and an extra power trigger spring. I'm currently looking for a holster for it. I carry it iwb, so does anyone have any suggestions on a good quality, comfotable holster? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dave,

I'm not sure if I can use a kydex holster since I got my adjustable meprolights. The front sight is just tall enough that the gun won't fit into my fobus holster that I carry at the range. I'm not wild about the kydex holsters for carry. I've been looking for a nice, soft leather iwb holster for my g21. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

C

·
Registered
580 Posts
Lou Alessi's "Hardshell" Talon+
is an excellent choice for an IWB.

Dane will probably be offering his GWH design masterfully hand-crafted by Lou
for Glocks also.

Even if you're not a Kydex fan you might want to check out David Elderton's Superb "Braveheart" IWB @: http://hometown.aol.com/kytac
Both David & Frank Spezzano can make their gear to accomodate your sights as their stuff is all hand-made, formed & finished.

Frank is @: http://www.cen-dex.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pistolero on 2001-09-07 03:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
97 Posts
C,
I have aftermarket sights on most of my Glocks too. My wife has the Ashley Big Dot on her two guns and they all fit in Sidearmor and BladeTech kydex holsters. Both of these makes have wide, deep sight channels. I would be surprised if your Mep's wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I carry a Glock 21 with Meprolight night sights. It's one of the newer models with the finger grooves. I never thought I would buy a plastic holster, but that's what I'm carrying it in...it's a Fobus paddle holster. I love the thing. It's light, with good retention, fits close...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kshutt on 2001-10-02 21:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't currently carry a Glock 21 (required to carry a Sig) but a 21 with grip reduction is my dream duty weapon. I've handled the Robar cut 21 at the SHOT and SOF shows and it felt like it had been made for my hand. I suspect that if Dane got his hands on it, it would be even better. Ah to dream.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.