Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
HHHMMMM...now what are YOU thinking?
Was Peter the one that wrote about his LB? I know I've seen something here about short LBaers recently...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Kinda looks like your Champion a bit, huh?

I'm simply lookin' (maybe) for a new toy to play with, and I may be able to pick one of these up (relatively :wink: ) cheap.

Yeah, I'm searchin' the archives, but this is a fairly new model from Les, so there may not be a lot out there yet...

:smile:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
HAH!

...on its' BEST DAY my Champ never looked like that!

Hell...it's so scratched and worn lookin' right now, it's ashamed to have me scan it!

I've been thinkin' about a big brother here lately and it's jealous too!
Still works though...I have to pick up a Dillon soon...I'm tired of payin' for those store boughts and my RCBS is workin' me to death!!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2001-08-14 23:54, Burrahobbit wrote:
Whats the barrel length on one of those bad boys Shane?
Us Canadians should be "safe" owning this 4 1/4" length gun. Good thing it wasn't an EVIL :roll:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shane Kropf on 2001-08-15 08:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
72 Posts
Last week I found a slightly used Concept VIII (with MMC night sights) at a local gun store--what a beautiful gun. I had already looked at the Commanche but didn't like the shorter grip--just doesn't balance the same way. Anyway, I brought a couple of guns to trade for the LB but after seeing what they offered I decided that Monday morning was just too early in the week to get raped. I stil think about the Concept VIII.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On 2001-08-15 08:44, Howardk wrote:
I had already looked at the Commanche but didn't like the shorter grip...
Howard, I think the Commanche is the same as the Commander, in that the grip is still full-size. Just the slide is shorter (4 1/4").

·
Registered
934 Posts
Yeah, the Commanche is Baer's version of a Commander. Full grip frame. It's the Stinger that has the Officer's size grip.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put about 100 rounds through a C VII last Sat and 100 rounds again Wed and I loved the way the gun handled...It shot every bit as straight as my fullsize Wilson...The trigger was super crisp and I really didn't miss the missing 3/4" whatsoever...I must admit that the Baer locked up tighter than any 1911 I have ever seen...What a great pistol...and Commanders or Commanche's look awesome to me as well....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Shane,

Ooops. You're right. I got the Comanche mixed up with the Stinger. It's hard for me to keep all these names straight -- Comanche, Stinger, Premier, Concept, Wilson's CQB, Protector, Millineum, Kimber's Eclipse, and on and on. I wish gun makers would start giving their guns names that had something to do with model or size of the guns, instead of these supposedly cute marketing names.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.