Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any opinions on his work? I got a commander length speed scabbard last year, and I think his work is on par with anyone else out there. (That's a compliment to Tony, Lou, Mitch etc. as well as Bill himself).

The holster broke in nicely, and it's my favourite.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a few things from Wild Bill--his double thick belts are particularly good. At the moment I'm waiting on a couple of holsters from him. Overall you can't beat his stuff for the money. Take care.

·
Registered
65 Posts
shane,
Mark here from NC. I have a belt slide holster of wild bills. I have used other holsters in the same price range (desantis speed scabbard, blade tech IWB, Kirkpatrick IWB). I like wild bills belt slide the best. I carry concealed all the time, the wild bill's belt slide contains my kimber ultra carry close against my waist between my wallet pocket and my front right pocket. His workmanship is very good and function is excellent. Check his belts out a great belt at a good price. All the stuff I use I have to purchase at full price, no free ride here.

mark d crawmer

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sicilydz on 2001-04-05 21:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
184 Posts
I reviewed Bill's work a couple of years ago for an article in Combat Handguns. It was good work then and I'm sure it has only gotten better. While I don't have any of his rigs right now, I can recommend his work. Bill has a background in LE and understands what it takes to "live" with a gun.

Rob

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have seen quite a few of Bill's holsters over the last few years, and they are very well designed. The craftmanship, in my opinion is also excellent.
Lou

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have used Bill's stuff, and it is TOUGH gear. I am a kydex type of guy, so I don't often say that about leather. Bill really does know how to carry a gun, and his prices can't be beat. I recently got in a Speed Scabbard of Bill's for a friend, and it was beautiful. His work keeps getting better and better.

He often runs "specials", which include a holster, mag pouch, and belt, normally for about the cost of a holster alone from other makers.

If Lou Alessi says Bill's stuff is good, you should take that endorsement seriously.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I almost forgot, I have two pocket pistol holster I bought from Wild Bill's last Christmas. I have gotten a lot of use out of them. He has a snap on leather piece, that while a little bulky, does work out really well for dropping a J-frame into the cargo pocket of a pair of pants so equiped.

DD

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
...Does anyone have a web address with "Wild Bills'" products?

How about some decent pictures you can post?

TIA...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gyp_c

http://www.wildbillsconcealment.com should get you there.

As for pictures, I'm still workin' on that digital camera and scanner. My birthday's not 'til July, and I don't expect to win the lottery before then either. :wink:

Hope someone else has some pics to share.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Thanks Shane...How you doin'?
...I tarred....been workin', not shootin', maybe tomorrow...He's good. I like a couple designs and his "packages" are practical and appear to be a good value.
Thanks for sharin'...

:wink:

·
Registered
30 Posts
hello Gypc
I just got my speed scabbard yesterday , I bought the special and the belt is a beauty also had to wait ten weeks but it was worth it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I too just ordered a pro-choice package from them a few days ago. I'm very excited about my new Les Baer concept VI riding in a quality rig, but my wait has just begun. The work appears to be high quality (I'm sure it is if Mr. Allessi gives a nod to it! ; I have to get a holster or three from him someday soon!) and Mr. Bill was very patient with my barrage of questions. The package deal seems more than reasonable for the price!(holster, double-ply belt, and a single mag pouch for $130.00 including shipping)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts