Pistol Smith Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with experience with Wilsons 22 in the 1911 format? Worth it or better to just get a conversion kit?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've been out in the field for a while, so I've got a lot of catching up to do; notwithstanding, I've a quick question regarding these .22 conversions from Wilson Combat(Ciener).

Here in Europe we are pretty much restricted to one major caliber sidearm, and one minor caliber sidearm (this is now affecting U.S. military personnel as well). As a result, mulit-caliber conversion kits are quite popular here for obvious reasons.

I plan to purchase one of the Wilson .22 kits for my Classic later in the year, but I've read that WC recommends that these units be individually "fitted" to the frame whenever possible. Given the geographic and political complications of having this done in my present circumstance, I'm wondering how critical it really is to do this.

Do these units require some light fitting in order to to function properly, or is this just Wilson's way of forestalling potential problems associated with installing one of these kits "just in case?" I can't imagine that there is TOO much fitting to do here, but perhaps I'm overlooking something.

Chuck

·
Registered
113 Posts
38SCC,

Thanks for the information! I suspected as much, but wanted to hear from someone with firsthand experience. Sounds like a pretty trouble-free process.

Chuck

BTW, when the Army doesn't have me someplace else (which is most of the time, of course) you'll find me at home in Peterborough ...

Live Free or Die!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts