Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally made it to the range today and shot 200rds of S&B hardball through my CQB. Now I know what all the fuss is about, as this is one accurate pistol!

My NRA bullseye target was set at 12yds and all the groups were touching each other until there was one gaping hole from the x-ring out. There were no issues in reliability as it fed and spat the rounds with no problems. I had one Wilson mag that it did not accommodate well because it failed to lock the slide back several times. I tried a McCormick shooting star and a different Wilson mag and I never had the failure to lock back again. Considering it is still in its break-in period, I was very pleased that it shot well out of the box. Now if I can only hold the darn thing steady at 25yds...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just fired another 150rds today through the CQB using 2 Wilson mags and S&B ammo. No problems whatsoever, went indoors and had the target at 18yds, all in the black when I don't jerk the trigger. I'm still getting used to the crisp light 3lbs. trigger. I've noticed that I get a firmer grip when I don't have to struggle to pull the trigger, I just have to lightly tap it and it goes bang. The 30 lpi checkering helps too. I also did some close range rapid fire and double tapping tests and boy does it hold up very well, the balance on this pistol is excellent. I have to say that this is the best .45 I've shot so far...

·
Registered
79 Posts
They don't suck, no doubt. Glad you like it. I have found that some of my fellow shooters do not like the light trigger and they have been surprised when it goes bang. Actually, I don't think it is just the light trigger, but also because it is a crisp trigger. For a defense gun, it makes it very easy for that first shot to be right on target (as opposed to longer trigger pulls heavier triggers, squishy triggers that don't break cleanly on other guns). I think Wilson would still have very satisfied customers if they went to 4-4.5 lbs and keep the crisp trigger. Some people feel the greater trigger pull is more conducive to defense situations. I really think the key is the crispness which can make a heavier trigger feel lighter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.