Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am strongly considering this pistol. For the money, is it a good choice? All I want to change on it is the sights-Heinie. I am used to them, have them on all my pistols. Does anyone have some pictures of their CQB they could share? I have never seen one in person, and I am limited to the pictures on the WC site/catelog.
Thanks-

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't be fooled...

that's as much as Wilson CQB as a Neon is a Viper. They both say Dodge, but that's about it...

That pristine CQB in the picture has had the cosmetic and functional work Michael Jackson can only dream about... I'm still choked up thinking it went up for sale recently and I sat on my thumb.

Don't be fooled into thinking that's a CQB. Not there's anything wrong with a stock CQB, but you'd be sorely disappointed expecting the jewel you see in the picture when you purchase a vanilla CQB.

However rumor has it Dane can take your stock CQB and turn it into something much more... :wink:

Regards,
Francis

·
Registered
69 Posts
My CQB:

- Robert Browning -

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Glock_Racer on 2001-10-20 04:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a CQB that has been absolutely the most reliable gun of any type I have owned. It is a basic model as advertised in the catalog. I have run any and all kinds of ammo thru it with no problem. I have been very happy with it. I agree that the litle plastic guide rod needs to be replaced. According to Wilson, it is similar in function to a shock buffer. It serves the same purpose and should be routinely replaced like a buffer. Mine would not last as long as a buffer and I replaced it with a full length metal guide rod.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I looked at an old WC catelog and the CQB was quite different then and called the "Special Ops CQB." How is this one different, is it better? I know of someone selling this old style one.
Thanks-

·
Registered
25 Posts
Steve,

Congrats on picking up a work of art. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Do you mean to tell me you are getting that beautiful slide HC'd? The one you could see your reflection in?!?! villan! :wink:

Actually, your action prompted me to get a finished Kimber from Dane, which is probably in the same box as yours at Metaloy's... :wink: Waiting for the trip back to WA where it'll get sent down to OR.

Can't wait. Enjoy.

regards
Francis

·
Registered
69 Posts
On 2001-10-15 09:11, Shay wrote:
[quote:v2mjs1ry]
Minor changes that will be made soon: BCP sear, hammer, disconnector, carbon-fiber grips, WC bullet-proof firing pin
while you are at it change out the plastic recoil guide rod to a colt. The plastic broke on mine twice.

Shay
[/quote:v2mjs1ry]

Already did! :grin: I have FLGRs on all my 1911s...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Whoa! I would never alter Dane's fine work. Only the frame is being chromed. In the picture it is still in the white. That pistol is too fine looking as it is.

Enjoy your BCP Kimber, and thanks for the thought.

Steve

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Easy guys, they don't gather dust when I get them back from plating....when I get them you'll see them quickly afterwards.

I mentioned this in another post for some anxious customers....the gun business, with all it's facets, is a little busy right now :grin: The platers are often a choke point. The better the palter's product, like anyone else in the custom gun business, the longer the wait. I only use the best. It is worth the wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gentlemen, thanks, but back to the question. I looked at an old WC catelog and the CQB was quite different then and called the "Special Ops CQB." How is this one different, is it better? I know of someone selling this old style one. Can someone tell me about this. Should I spend the extra cash on the old-school CQB or get the current version?
Thanks-

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wilson has a forum and you may try to get some more information on the Special Ops CQB from 1995. I do not ahve the website immediately at hand.

I have a CQB full size I use as a demo gun and it also is straight from the Wilson Shop. No changes. Take that back. I did finally clean it and change the recoil spring in at about 3500 rounds which is about normal for me. I usually change somewhere between 3 and 4 K. I also kept it dirty to show how it would still function under what limited adverse conditions I could.

Kind of hard to stick a buyer in a swamp to test fire a pistol.

One thing for sure. When Dane gets through with any thing he starts on. The finished product is a real masterpiece. Check out some of the other "eye candy" posted on this forum from folks who have guns done by Dane.

What ever you decide you will get a good reliable pistol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.