Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to determine the differences between an older CQB (marked as Service Grade) and the current production CQB's.

From what I can tell, it has the old style Night-eyes and a Bulletproof slide stop. Would there be anything else different?

Can I assume that the hammer/sear and other small parts are also bulletproof or would they be MIM like the current guns?

If anyone has an old Wilson's Catalog that they could check, it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

·
Registered
272 Posts
The only changes I've been able to discern are that only the hammer and sear are MIM in the newer guns. These were formerly WC's 1st Gen. Bulletproof Hammer (now discontinued) and tool-steel sear. I am told by Wilson Combat that the new speed hammers are cyro-treated like the old Bulletproof part and that the older version was not well received.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Andy on 2001-09-02 21:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ummm, let me get this straight...the newer CQB's which go for around 1700 dollars have MIM parts in them? :eek: If so, they should drop the price. I'm not gonna pay that much for a gun, and not have tool steel parts in it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
JLM

I have a CQB and had the MIM parts removed before delivery. Wilson's will do it for $50.00. By the way my CQB shoots better that I do and it's fit and finish is second to none.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.