Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one here built a gun on these Frames?
I am thinking of starting a new project on a SS 30 lpi frame and maybe go with a caspian SS slide. then finish in black T.
i would like to get feedback on quality and fit, hole alignment and such.

thanks,
shay

every project is "the last one" :smile:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Are you building a 45? Thats all Wilson makes. If your going with a Caspian Slide,why not go with a Caspian frame and have them mated at the factory.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason i'm thinking of the wilson frame is that i like the way they cut the front strap (same as kimber, cmc, nowlin) and that it is available with 30 lpi checkering and it is rready for a wilson grip safety. they also come with grip bushings and plunger tube.

the reason for a caspian slide and not a wilson is the front cocking serrations that i am not crazy about and the sight dovetails that are cut in the slide standard and limit the flexabilti of serrating the top and installing heinie front sight.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Shay:
The Wilson frames are a little oversize in comparison to the Kimber frame, according to Wilson. Theoretically, (all things good in theory) the frame should fit the Caspian slide with moderate work. I wouldn't sweat the slide/frame fit with the "slightly" oversized components, that's not the same headache as the SVI parts which are ridiculously oversized (ie. use a mill).

I like the combo. I thought of the same combo, but using a plain Wilson frame b/c I wanted 20 lpi. All their in stock frames were checkered 30 lpi, so Mr. Impatient bought that Caspian.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.