Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
David (or anyone else who can help),

I am abit confused as to the legality of the Winchester Ranger ammunition. A friend of mine purchased some from a local police supply store. This is the Winchester Ranger .45 ACP ammo (RA45T). I assume this is the Talon bullet design. The box is marked for law enforcement only; however, he is not law enforcement.

I guess what I'm getting at is that is the Law Enforcement only marking something that Winchester is imposing to protect themselves or is it a real law? My friend is under the impression that it is completely legal for him to buy and carry the ammo (he has a CCW permit) and I am considering testing some myself for reliabilty and later carry if its good to go.

Hope this makes since...thanks in advance....BTW...long time reader here but this is my first post.....nice site....I recognize afew names from 1911Forum who have helped me out immensly in the past.

Take care,

NMS (nick)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.