Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new safe the other day as I have a new baby on the way. While putting eveerything away,it occured to me that out of the 50 or so i own, I only really use about 4 guns.
My rem 700, Benelli super 90, my fullsize kimber and my smith 442.
What about the rest of you what are your working guns,and maybee some pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
<<>>> out of a dozen or so guns that i own, i shoot just two. my kimber ultra carry stainless, and my kel-tec p-11 with the 40 topend. they are both my carry guns. <<>>>>>> rc

·
Registered
988 Posts
Harley:

My main pistol is a 9x23 1911, it gets shot a bunch and carried even more. Carbine, M4 with a Krieger barrel and a bunch of work, it gets shot a ton. Long range is a built 6.5x284, and a McMillian 308, both probably get 1,500-2,500 rounds a year. Barrett 82A1, maybe 300 rounds per year. Other guns are either collector stuff [more sentimental than $$$ value], or, toys. The toys get hammered when they come out, which is 4-5 times per year.

Of course, the bird guns [side by sides] get a workout because I can't let the dogs get too fat :smile:

Piece of advice though...if you are soon-to-be- a new father. Fight the temptation [trust me, it will come :smile:] to sell off some that you don't use. Really, there is never any replacing them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I try to keep only guns I shoot and a backup for each. I don't buy guns to just have or to collect. They are shooters or I don't buy them. If I have bought them and don't shoot them they get sold or traded on something I shoot. I bought a real nice 625 S&W .45 ACP not long ago. Seemed like it would be just the thing to shoot and use for revolver IDPA competition. Then the moon clip reality set in (what a pain!) and it got sold.

Others want to collect guns. That is great for them. I have no problem just having working guns. I like it that way. I spend way more time shooting than I do lusting after new guns.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, I only own a few and I shoot them all. Well, here they are. Taurus PT-911 9mm, and H&K USP .40 compact, and my new Marlin model 60 .22LR . The H&K was a re-enlistment gift to myself.

G

·
I a few handguns that I really use. I am not a gun collector either. The gun must have a practical use for me or I don't keep it long. I have a Les Baer TRS that I carry every day. I have a Smith 638 Bodyguard that I carry daily as a backup and I have a Glock 17 that I use as a training/teaching gun. I have a Clements Custom Ruger Bisley 44 Special that I wear when working on the farm and I have a Clements Custom Bisley 44 Magnum that I hunt with. I also have a BCP Kimber, if I ever get it back, that I will use as a backup to my primary 1911. This is a good thread.

Chris

·
Registered
100 Posts
I find that if I don't carry and shoot a gun, I do not enjoy owning it. Feels "wasted" if it sits in the safe, so it gets sold pretty quickly if it isn't a shooter. Guess if I had a lot of money, I might be a "collector," but I don't. Have a couple in there now that I no longer use, but a keepsake value of one and the fact that the other will be needed if I ever transferred back to an investigative job (God forbid) are the only thing saving them from the auction block.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.