Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than stoning and polishing surfaces that touch each other, what else is there I can do to the fire control parts in my Taurus (pt99)?
For example, does anyone know of a method to remove take-up or slack in the trigger (especially in single-action mode)? There are two "stages" to takeup on my pistol. The first stage, so to speak, is plain old takeup, and the second stage is takeup as the trigger bar pulls the disconnector lever up and comes to a rest against the sear. I am, of course, only interested in removing the "first stage takeup", if this is even possible.
Any and all information relating to these parts is appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There's not a lot you can do to help that "first stage takeup." It's inherent with the design of the pistol. Any modification would require some custom engineered parts. It would also possibly sacrifice reliability, as this is when the firing pin block is being moved out of the way.

In my opinion, and this is only my opinion, the Beretta is a fine combat pistol, and with practice any shooter can master the pistol. If you're looking for a competition piece, Beretta may not be the best, as it wasn't originally designed with that in mind. As I'm sure you know, the Taurus is a close spin-off og the Beretta 92F, the main difference being the frame-mounted safety.

Let me know what else you do to this pistol and how it works out for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do. In fact, I'm currently taking a buttload of pictures, "before and after", of everything I do (although I did forget to take a couple here and there) and when it's all done I'm putting them all up on a webpage somewhere, with step by step commentary.
Only problem is, the camera is a 3Com "webcam" so the picture quality is not on par with Ichiro Nagata's :grin:
All I'll have to do after that is find a place to put 'em up where the webmaster won't crap kittens thinking about the liability of " 'smithing pics " on his server.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.