Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
It seems that many of the 'Pro's' are using Caspian parts... I am guessing that Caspian has come along way, and improved the product line, but never had a bad experience in the past with a Caspian product, so I'm not sure if that means much...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Interesting timing ... this thread showed up (literally) while I was asking a similar question about purchasing Jericho components "in the white."

Seems like Dane and a few others I'm familiar with show some preference for Jericho frames, but I've heard a lot of high praise for Caspian slides too (as noted above).

Good question Ted! I'm interested in watching this thread develop too.

Chuck

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok take this for what it's worth, I know very little. My gunsmith, if I got it right (he can jump in later if he likes) said that Infinity is making what he considers to be the best frame right now. That the plunger tube was actually machined into the frame which was much superior to what else it out there. Just what I've heard...:wink:

·
Registered
113 Posts
So, if the early nod goes to Jericho frames and Caspian slides, my only remaining question is this: Carbon or Stainless??

Chuck

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
On 2001-06-13 My gunsmith, if I got it right (he can jump in later if he likes) said that Infinity is making what he considers to be the best frame right now.
Your gunsmith is correct on the quality of the SVI frames. SVI is certainly one of the best. Problem is they are not available to the public as a part and only to three gunsmiths that I know of have access. I have several on order for projects because Sandy at SVI was gracious enough to offer me the frames alone to build on.

Ground up parts gun? Chrome moly for this guy...hard chrome will do what stainless won't long term IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-06-13 15:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Dane, I"m doing well, thank you.

Thanks for the info on the frames. I see the CMC marked frames are for sale in the brownells catalog for a pretty nice price. May have to get one and sit on it for a future project, accumulating parts along the way. (the Radar O'Reilly M1911- remember when he mailed a jeep home one piece at a time?)

What about the Caspian's front strap do you find objectionable?

It would be interesting for custom 'smiths to list the parts they use in their full house guns, a little glimpse of what is under the hood.

Ted Murphy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.