Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little food for thought, not counting gifts, raffles, et but what was your best pistol buy! To start this off, mine was a S&W in high school in the '60's (forget that) Chief's model 36 for $75.00 + 2.25 tax brand new in the box retail compared to the $$$ today. Really should have stocked up! :roll: Mike

·
Registered
580 Posts
Used but wonderfully accurate "5-Screw" S&W Model 17 bought back in '69 in a Pawn Shop in Fairbanks, AK.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Traded a Jam o Matic Para P12 for a customized Series 70 Colt GM. The guy still gets pissed when I thank him over and over and over.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Last year found a S&W 547, 3" RB in 98% condition. Asked the owner how longs he had had it and he said, "Three years, nobody
wants a revolver in 9mm." Gave him $110 and took it home...dewey

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hmm. That would either be the excellent condition HK P7 PSP with 3 mags, cleaning kit, manuals, etc for $700, or the excellent condition Glock 20 with night sights and 3 like new factory pre-bans for $575.

G

·
I think I just found it! A new CZ75 with one 10 round magazine for $295.80 at my door. The lack of a high-capacity magazine didn't bother me as I plan to use this CZ75 with my Kadet conversion unit. I didn't need another CZ75 but I sure couldn't pass it up either. Regards, Richard

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2001-06-28 01:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
22 Posts
A little over a year ago I picked up a FM hipower in very good condition from my buddy. It came with a factory 14round mag and a 15 round mecgar. I got it for a whopping $50 plus transfer fees. I then sold it to help finance my cz75b.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There was a S&W Model 10 in the local paper for $100 a couple of years ago. After a month I had money and called. It was still available. I went over and got it. The condition was mint. I shot the crap out of it for a year, 1,000's of rounds, and then traded it in on a new gun.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know it's not a handgun, but I picked up a Kimber of Oregon Model 82 22 rimfire out of the local paper for $400 five years ago. The rifle came with the a cheap Bushnell 4 power scope mounted.

I took it back to the shop and hung a target at 50 yards. The day was overcast,cold and wet, a miserable December day. Darkness was falling. The target was barely visible. I shot five shots and walked down to check the target.

The group was under 1/2" and perfectly centered on the bullseye.

If it weren't for the fact that this rifle has since killed many woodchucks and I know they would make a burrow in my coffin, I would be buried with it. But in view of all the grief I have caused woodchucks, I am requesting cremation upon my demise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
best one in the past year was my 625 $325.00
then right behind that deal came a colt 1917 in 45 acp,,,not a redone 455.$100.00 a real good shooter...then my h&r 929 22lr @ 70.00 brand new in box love that lil' nine shot !

G

·
I don't know I did not have much money in those days and with a young wife and daughter, well $1k sounded like a really good deal at the time.....the same guy still has it and he has offered to sell it back for the low sum of $3,500.00..
"Friends" what can you do?

·
Registered
403 Posts
HOw about 6 H&K 94's at 480 each. Kept em for several years and sold them recently. made a few bucks on them.

Worst Buy: 700.00 for a first year issue 629 S&W. But I still like the dang thing.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.