Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took one of my sons out plinking for the first time last week. He had a ball, but the 10/22 stock was too large for him.

Does anyone make a youth stock for the 10/22 that I can just put on. It would be a 3 minute conversion from man sized to boy sized gun.

I have a bull barrel on the thing and would like to leave that on if possible.

Plan B is to take a bandsaw to the factory stock. If I did that I'd have to do some carving on the grip area to reduce it so his hands will fit around it.

Surely someone out there has already solved this problem, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JiminCA on 2001-11-13 18:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
80 Posts
Friend at work found a dinged and scratched used one at gun show. Cut to fit then great woodworking,refinish project for he and his 7 year old. $20 plus time. He too couldn't find from synthetic stock makers. Wood looks great! Said a number available due to people going to aftermarket synthetic.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd buy a Hogue Overmolded stock and whittle on the stock Ruger wood. That way, he'll have a carbine he can grow into!

If on a budget, hankhan has a good idea. Also check gunshow tables...you never know.

Regards,

FastVFR

·
Registered
350 Posts
Brownells sells a wooden youth sized stock for a 10-22 - I don't remember who makes it but I am sure it is in there - I thought of building up a super-sniper plinker for my son but haven't been able to do it yet. I think they have one with a cheek rest and one without.

Good luck to you.

~Jake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.