Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this make of gun safes? Are they well built? Any complaints?

Thanks

G

·
I can recommend Zanotti gun safes having owned 2 of them. Their design is modular and they are shipped as 6 separate pieces that are assembled with pins. They are well made and their advantage is that while the entire safe when assembled might weigh 600 pounds, the heaviest piece (the front door might only weigh 120 pounds. This is great if you want to put a safe in your basement and you don't have a team to help you get the safe down the stairs. The inside of the safe can be configured to handle both long guns and hands guns.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. They seem like a real good design for us who get to move every few years.

Does the door have bolts that lock out in all four directions? I am concerned that the hinges are on the outside of the door.

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
First, understand that any home safe can be opened with good equipment and time.

Zanotti safes are excellent. Locking lugs on both sides, but not on top and bottom.

Hydraulics can open any home safe. GLV

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GLV,

Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to secure the firearms in case of a burglary.

A friend of mine just had a pistol stolen in sleepy ol' Galveston. It woke me up to the need to sink the cash into a safe.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.